The Project Manager is responsible for leading the implementation of SalesPad’s software solutions, maximizing the customer’s experience while effectively communicating and managing projects and expectations. This is a highly visible role in the organization, requiring a combination of project management, technical, and interpersonal skills to be successful. The Project Manager reports directly to the Manager of Professional Services.
As a Project Manager, the typical day includes:
- Providing strong and effective project leadership across all assigned projects
- Leading and motivating teams to obtain desired results
- Setting and managing clear project expectations to garner successful outcomes.
- Anticipating potential project risks and resolving/escalating issues as they occur
- Course correcting to ensure issues are resolved efficiently
- Creating and maintaining healthy relationships with customers
- Developing and consistently managing the project plan for the implementation of SalesPad’s software
- Tracking and providing budget updates to customers
- Communicating with customers in a timely and professional manner
- Work proactively to close projects within a reasonable timeframe.
- Understanding of how to best manage different personalities and/or working styles contributing to the greatest productivity for the team.
- Managing customer expectations and keeping projects on schedule
- Resolving or escalating project risks and issues
- Supporting the development and implementation of project management methods to enhance SalesPad’s implementation process
- Working closely with other teams including support, development, and sales to meet customer needs
- Going above and beyond to own the success of projects
This is the job for you if:
- You’re highly self-motivated and can work in a fast-paced environment
- You don’t take no for an answer
- You’re a problem-solver who thrives when overcoming challenges
- You are forward thinking, always anticipating what could happen next
- You know when (and how) to be flexible, and when (and how) to be firm
- You can work collaboratively and/or independently on complex problems
- You have a BS/BA degree or equivalent experience (PMP certified is a big plus)
- You’ve held a customer-facing role in the technology and/or consulting industries
- You’re a top-notch presenter and facilitator
- You communicate with others clearly and easily
- You’re familiar with software development life cycles, including waterfall and Agile