The Project Manager Team Lead is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the Project Management team, along with acting as lead Project Manager on projects deemed as high profile. An estimated split of 50/50 between responsibilities. This role reports to the Manager of Professional Services and collaborates heavily with them. This person will be expected to assist in onboarding new team members, evaluate and streamline project management processes, identify opportunities for improvement, lead project post mortems, and act as the main source of project management expertise to team members.
As a Project Manager Team Lead, the typical day includes:
- Leverages knowledge/experience and trains Project Management methodology, skills, tools for other team members.
- Involved in all project close post mortems. Ensures lessons learned are applied to future project management efforts
- Identifies/analyzes project process risks and inefficiencies; actively seeks opportunities to transform the business and eliminate wastes through these efforts.
- Acts as the main resource for any complex project management questions or issues.
- Runs project review calls and suggests improvements/actions PM could take; helps coach through problem scenarios and mitigate risks cross-departmentally.
- Runs weekly stand up meetings to identify blockers and provide coaching.
- Will assist the hiring manager with interviewing and selecting future candidates for PM positions.
- Benchmarks other project management practices to help continually identify areas to improve our process and expectations.
- Monthly audits of PM projects to ensure standards are being met and processes followed consistently.
- Manages complex or high profile projects.
- Performs weekly 1on1 meetings with team members to give & receive feedback
This is the job for you if:
- You're passionate about helping others grow their skillset
- You’re highly self-motivated and can work in a fast-paced environment
- You’re a problem-solver who thrives when overcoming challenges
- You know when (and how) to be flexible, and when (and how) to be firm
- You have an eye for identifying risk, waste, or inefficiencies
- You have a BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- You’re a top-notch presenter and facilitator
- You communicate with others clearly and easily
- You are self-motivated, hard-working, and strive to be the best version of yourself daily;
- You are looking to join a team of people who are eager to learn, share knowledge, and are united in reaching SalesPad’s mission;
- You personify SalesPad’s Core Values (https://www.salespad.com/values/).
- PMP certified
- 5+ years project management experience
- 1-2 years' experience as a team leader or manager
Why should you apply?
- Become a member of a #PeopleFirst organization that believes in instilling excellence in the people who make up our team;
- Work with collaborative colleagues who seek out and value each other’s input and feedback;
- Strong leadership who believe in creating enormous and measurable value for our Customers.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and STD Insurance
- 4% 401(k) Employer Match
- Generous PTO and Work/Life Synergy
- Learning and Career Development Opportunities