Business Solutions Analyst
SalesPad is seeking a Business Solutions Analyst within the Custom Development Team, who is responsible for uncovering, detailing, and documenting the unique business needs of our customers. You will successfully translate this information into project estimates, use cases, and user stories to aid in development planning, refinement, and execution. Alongside the rest of the Custom Development Team, the work you do will directly impact the delivery of effective, customer-focused solutions that drive a measurable return on investment for our customers. Our customers will rely on you to understand their requirements by conducting in-depth discovery, research, and planning efforts - acting as the voice of the customer throughout the duration of the project.
A typical day of a Business Solutions Analyst would include:
- Serving in a number of roles throughout the duration of a project including Technical Sales Consultant, Business Analyst, Solution Designer, and Product Owner;
- Qualifying sales opportunities in terms of technical requirements, risk analysis, product landscape, and business drivers;
- Proactively partnering with the sales team in gathering requirements from prospects and understanding how to remove barriers in the sales cycle to move deals forward;
- Leading customers, stakeholders, individuals, and teams in supporting project scoping activities to identify, gather and analyze requirements, understand business challenges, and define key business drivers to provide accurate, effective, and innovative solutions;
- Encouraging customer-focused and results driven approaches to help deliver quantified value for our customers, enabling them to reach their desired outcomes;
- Communicating progress and expectations, escalating problems to Project Managers for awareness and / or resolution;
- Effectively driving large single projects or multiple concurrent smaller projects through the solution life cycle;
- Acting as an advocate for Custom solutions, helping to regularly articulate technology, value, and service positioning to both business and technical users;
- Documenting observations from prospects and customers to influence future product capabilities;
- Actively participating in improving and refining project scoping and delivery practices;
- Supporting the processes and procedures of the BSA role, that can be replicated with future BSA hires.
This may be the job for you if:
- You have a BS/BA degree in a software or technical industry (or equivalent practical experience) and 5+ years’ experience successfully performing in similar roles (business consulting);
- You have a strong focus on consultative, solution-based selling, at an Enterprise level;
- You have experience with Agile software development methodology and Scrum frameworks;
- You have earned the following certifications (preferable):
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Scrum Certification
- Six Sigma Certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- You have utilized and are familiar with the following software applications:
- Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence) project management tools
- Figma, Balsamiq or similar wireframe applications
- You have experience in conducting successful discovery engagements, diving deep into a customer’s operational challenges focused on Order-to-Cash excellence;
- You are an extraordinary problem-solver with skills in risk management and prioritization;
- You possess outstanding communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) and are able to present effectively to Executive levels within a customer’s organization;
- You have customer-facing experience in enterprise projects with a strong working knowledge of Agile development methodologies, frameworks, and technologies;
- You have the ability to bridge the gap between a customer's business needs and technical solutions;
- You have a strong ability to present technical issues and solutions to both experienced and inexperienced audiences;
- You have the ability to remain calm while effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- You have the ability to balance multiple tasks/priorities while consistently meeting deadlines;
- You possess strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
- You have the ability to work with remote teams (internal teams, customers, and partners) across
- time zones;
- You have the willingness to travel 10-20% of scheduled work time;
- You are self-motivated, hard-working and strive to be the best version of yourself daily;
- You are looking to join a team of people who are eager to learn, share knowledge and are united in reaching SalesPad’s mission;
- You personify SalesPad’s Core Values (https://www.salespad.com/values/).
Why should you apply?
- Become a member of a #PeopleFirst organization that believes in instilling excellence in the people who make up our team;
- Be a part of planning, developing and delivering high-quality, effective custom solutions to SalesPad’s clients;
- Work with collaborative colleagues who seek out and value each other’s input and feedback;
- Strong leadership who believe in creating enormous and measurable value for our Customers.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and STD Insurance
- 4% 401(k) Employer Match
- Generous PTO and Work/Life Synergy
- Learning and Career Development Opportunities
SalesPad is one of West Michigan’s largest, fastest-growing software companies. We’re seeking the self-motivated, the hard-working, the problem solvers, and the dedicated to join our team of experts. We're focused on helping businesses grow, expand, or reshape how they do things by approaching each and every problem with energy, creativity, and confidence. Ingenuity, adaptation, and evolution are at the core for us at SalesPad.
Our Grand Rapids-based headquarters is focused on helping change the way organizations do business through our software products, customizations, expertise, and support. Our enterprise software solutions work with leading business applications, Microsoft Dynamics GP and Business Central, and integrate with a wide range of apps and platforms. SalesPad has been in the business of helping manufacturing and distribution companies increase productivity and efficiency since 2003. We got our start when a small business owner tasked a software developer with transforming a pile of clipboards and legal pads into a streamlined, efficient inventory management system. We have been sharing ideas and innovating ever since.
At SalesPad, we're always looking for talented individuals to join our team of professionals. We believe our success is built on the abilities of our employees, and we strive to create a challenging and rewarding environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to grow. Reach out to us today!